Posted May 27th 2014 by : Bill Bunch
Choosing patio covers in Houston requires some thought and planning. Only then can you select the quality product that will enhance your outdoor living experience. Unlike simply getting a new umbrella for your table, which involves picking the right complementary color and preferred size, this decision is more significant as it protects your outdoor furniture, accessories and guests from the elements in typically warm and humid Houston.
Whether you consider a standard, out-of-the-box solution or custom patio cover in Houston, you need to evaluate ideas and plan accordingly. Here are some tips to choose the right patio cover for your home.
- Consider your patio or deck layout. Is it efficient and organized the way you want it? Is your grilling area close to your indoor kitchen to increase efficiency? Would you prefer to reorganize your layout for esthetic or practical reasons? Your answers help you determine the size and design of your optimal cover.
- Decide the amount of shade and coverage you want. For example, you might want a cover that provides protection for your entire patio. You may also prefer partial coverage only, leaving part of your patio in the sun for guests or family that typically work on their tans.You might want an adjustable cover that gives you the option of partial or full coverage when you want it.
- Evaluate the material and construction you prefer. Materials, such as wood, vinyl or aluminum, can dictate construction methods, colors and/or sizes. If your tastes lean more toward arbors or pergolas in Houston, rather than custom covers, your choice of materials and construction methods may change.
- Permanent or removable. If you want the option to remove your cover for the Houston winter months, you might favor retractable awnings or similarly removable designs. Many homeowners prefer an attractive permanent design, such as a custom patio cover, pergola or gazebo that adds another dimension to your home design.
- Evaluate the reputation of the manufacturer, designer or contractor. You want a strong warranty from a reputable, experienced manufacturer or custom contractor. Some will even offer “lifetime” warranties. Some warranties also might cover general “wear and tear,” protecting you against chips, peeling and color fading.
- Decide on your goal. Are you seeking mere protection, elegance, dramatic seating area coverage, stylish protection for your grilling area and outdoor kitchen, or adding visual, appealing designs to your home? Your primary goal for patio covers in Houston will influence your choice of style, material and design.
When you want high quality, custom patio covers in Houston, visit or contact Wood Crafters. Even if you’re planning a brand new patio, we can help, as we also design and install patios with the pavers and flooring you want to make a stunning addition to your outdoor living area.
Offering unmatched craftsmanship for homeowners for over 30 years, we have numerous examples of our outstanding custom patio covers in Houston area homes. We believe you’ll notice our meticulous attention to detail, which has earned our strong reputation in the area. Give us a call to discuss your plans and get an estimate.